Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Seriously Satellite Radio...


One of my Christmas gifts last year was a satellite radio. It came with the radio, the car hook-up and a docking station for at home, and I was pretty excited about this. The reason I was excited was because in Newfoundland we have a piss-poor selection of radio stations and they tend to cut in and out in certain parts of the province so this seemed like a wonderful gift to have...until I started to use it.

You cannot get constant reception in Newfoundland on this radio. When you're driving across the highway it is not too bad, but when you get to an actual community the reception sucks. In St. John's/Mount Pearl it always cuts out in certain areas, even when you aren't next to any high buildings or anything and its even worse in Grand Falls-Windsor. It pretty much never works here, which made my docking station completely useless as well. When I attempt to use that I don't get any signal at all.

I do get some use out of the internet channel when at work, but that alone cannot justify the money I spent to subscribe to this radio for a 2 year term. When that 2 year term is up, so will be my time using satellite radio. It's a shame that in a place that really needs satellite radio that it completely blows, but that's just how it is.

So if any of you don't have a satellite radio and you're thinking about getting one, don't. Unless you're planning to move to the mainland. Seriously satellite radio...you're terrible!

No comments:

Post a Comment