Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thong Generation

Nice Touch With The Silver Hair "Dru Hill"
I was having a discussion with a friend last week and somehow the topic of underwear came up - thongs in particular. This friend, who has a lot of older male co-workers was talking about how all of them were obsessed with thongs and thought they were the best thing ever, whereas for me, the thong just doesn't really do it, and I think it is because I have been de-sensitized to it.

People from generations older than myself always find it taboo or something sexy, because they weren't exposed to the thong in the same way I have been. I'm from the thong generation (hell we even had a song about it - fuck you Sisqo). Going up through high school and all throughout university, thongs seemed to be the popular choice for girls. If a girls pants were riding down low (intentionally or unintentionally) and you caught a glimpse, chances are she was wearing a thong as her underwear of choice. When you're exposed to a lot of thongs in your life, they just don't seem like much of a big deal to you. So if a girl was all like "oh hey I'm wearing a thong for you", I'd be all like, "awesome", but in reality I would be thinking "so what"?

How about my readers? Am I the only one who doesn't think of a thong as a big deal or is it a generational thing like I suspect? I'm interested in your thoughts on this one.

3 comments:

  1. I still enjoy my gurl in a thong, Im not entirely sure why I enjoy them....I just assume Im a pervert

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think its pretty hot.
    I do also assume Paul is a pervert

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone who has seen Paul in a pink lacy thong I can confirm he is a pervert.

    And, it's the skanky girls who have thongs up their back that have ruined it for everyone else!

    ReplyDelete