Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Listen to the Cone

This is NOT a picture of my cone or hand
I decided to treat myself to some soft serve tonight, and it made me think way more than any dairy based food is supposed to make you think. The conclusion I came to is that all the little decisions we make in the run of a day really define who we are as people, and if you really want to know someone for who they truly are, you need to pay attention to the small and sometimes stupid things.

For example, whenever I go get soft serve, if the option is available I always get a twist, or zebra as I used to call it growing up. The chocolate and vanilla swirl. While eating this cone I began thinking, why do I always get the twist? Most of the time when I'm eating it the taste of the vanilla is far superior to the chocolate, yet I never get just the vanilla. Because I'm in Grand Falls-Windsor and bored, I let me mind jump deeper into the issue and looked within me to see what the ice cream was telling me. What I figured out was a couple of things. When I listened to the cone I discovered that me always getting the twist can mean that maybe I like equality. I like to give each flavour a fair chance and I'm not opposed to compromise. Another possibility is that I'm very selfish. I could just have one falvour, but why settle for one flavour when I can have two? Or perhaps I'm very indecisive. Even when making a decision about what flavour ice cream to get I can't come to a solid conclusion because of my fear or apprehension about making the wrong choice and regretting it later.

Maybe this ice cream cone was a microcosm of my life, or maybe I'm just looking for things that aren't there because I'm bored and its actually just an ice cream cone. Either way I'm gonna start trying to pay attention to the little things from now on and seeing what I can detect, until someone tells me its annoying the bejesus out of them anyway!

1 comment:

  1. You get two for the price of one. It makes fiscal sense!

    ReplyDelete