Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Letter to U-Haul

I wanted to express my frustration with my U-Haul experience on September 17th, 2011. I booked my truck online and was told to arrive at the location in Grand Falls-Windsor, Newfoundland at 9:00 am to pick up my truck. Upon arriving at the building, it was not open and nobody was there. I wait until 9:05 am and then call the local number I was provided. Somebody finally answers and I am asked to wait another 20 minutes until he arrives at the location.

When the agent arrives, he informs me that U-Haul did not contact him to let him know about the reservation, and he was about to leave town and was lucky I caught him before he left.
The lack of communication between U-Haul and its agent is ridiculous and almost resulted in me not getting a truck for my move. I am very disappointed in the service I received because somebody neglected to perform the due diligence necessary to ensure I was able to pick up my truck at the time and place it was GUARANTEED to me.

This carelessness on the part of U-Haul has made me quite bitter and as a result, the next time I am in need of rental equipment to help me move, or am in need of storage I will be looking to other companies to provide me with these services.

I hope this e-mail reaches the appropriate party so that future customers will not experience such a lack in customer service.
==========================================================
I received a quick automated e-mail reply from U-Haul which linked me to the exact place I just entered this feedback. So I guess that's as far as it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment