Thursday, September 29, 2011

U-Haul Making it Right (Power of Social Media)

I blogged a couple of weeks ago about a bad customer service experience I had with U-Haul. I had sent them a letter only to receive no reply, which was more frustrating. After I had posted my blog with my letter, I received a Tweet from U-Haul Customer Service apologizing and asking me to contact them so they could "make it right", so I decided to do just that.

I want to commend them for their effort. Not only did I receive a refund of $50, but I also received a transferable credit of $45.00 off my next U-Haul purchase, which was smart on them because it ensures I, or someone I know will use U-Haul for their next move, and it will give U-Haul a chance to redeem themselves and get me back on their side as a customer.

This whole experience just goes to show the power of social media. It was through these channels, and not the regular ones, that I was able to get some satisfaction out of a company. It really shows how things are changing in B2C enterprises, and I think its for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment