Monday, July 26, 2010

Bye Bye Maiden Head

Still in Corner Brook, so I went to see Inception. The theatre here is pretty shitty. A lot of leg room but the screen is small and the sound isn't as good as Studio 12, but that's to be expected.

The movie itself was really great actually. The acting was great in it, from Leo all the way down to the dude who looked like Andy Samberg. It was hard to take him seriously when he was kicking all that ass knowing how much they resembled each other. I kept expecting some great one liners from him, but not so much.

Only complaint I have about the movie is its length. By the end it kind of drags on. They go into a 4th layer of dreaming and by that point I'm just like "wake the fuck up already". That could have something to do with the fact that I had to piss pretty badly though so I wanted to get out of there.

I enjoyed how you had to pay attention during the whole movie, if not you would have been lost, so it kept you in there even though some parts were mildly confusing for a moment or two. Although by far the best part of the movie was when you see Tom Berenger for the first time. He has a very minor role but for some reason they find it necessary to introduce him with a slow dramatic turn towards the camera. I almost laughed out loud, but I don't think anyone else would have got it.

The ending of the movie was also good. I won't say anything about it because I am going to recommend the movie to people who haven't seen it.

It also marked the first time I have gone to a theatre by myself. If you show up just in time for the movie it isn't that bad because you don't talk during the movie anyway. But it is definitely something I would do again if I was bored. Glad I popped the cherry, the experience will be much more joyful from now on...or so I hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment