Monday, July 19, 2010

Thunderstruck

What an intense Thunderstrom last night. It all started about 11:00 PM or so. I decided to go out for a stroll and in the distance I could sporadically see flashes of light. Sometimes they were bright blue, other times a freaky dark yellow. I called the walk off early thinking trouble was a brewing.

Got back to the house around 11:40, still not much activity so I decided to go to bed. Probably around two or so I woke up and looked out my window to see the lightning was happening much more frequently and claps of thunder were now audible, but not thinking anything of it I went back to sleep. Probably half an hour later I was launched from my bed with what was probably the loudest Thunder I have ever heard. It ripped through the whole house. It sounded like people were surrounding my bed with those aluminum foil pans that you put in the bottom of the oven. Very intense. I literally jumped out of bed because it startled me so much. So I decided to do some storm watching after that, and the sky was lighting up like a Christmas tree on a frequent basis, and then the power went, so the only light in my apartment came from the outside. It was a pretty cool site...there wasn't a whole lot of rain with the storm, but it was certainly intense!

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment