Sunday, July 18, 2010

Salmonfest!

So Salmon Festival was this weekend - the fourth time that I have attended, and I think it was definitely one of the best. 2006 is definitely up there on the list because of the bands that were there, Theory of a Deadman, Billy Talent and Live in particular, but this year seemed a lot funner. Had some friends out, had about 10 beer, and well Matt Good was incredible, even if I was getting an awkward, cryptic non-verbal message from an old girlfriend during "It's Been A While Since I Was Your Man" - which I am glad he played.

A few other highlights of the weekend include:

- Doc Walker playing a lot of covers, it is always good to hear songs you know.

- Three Days Grace were great performers, although they did not play long enough. I was surprised when they pulled out "I Don't Care", the song Adam Gontier does with Apocolyptica, but disappointed when they didn't play "Gone Forever"

- Getting to compete for a chance to go Bud Camp in Ottawa. I beat Paul in the first round in a competition where you had to run, put on a life vest, blow a whistle, slap on a helmet, put on wrist bands and then flip a cup. However I lost to William in the next round. You had to put one arm behind your back and fill up a bookbag and zip it up. I got my ass handed to me. But it was cool that 4 of us (me, William, Paul and Jeff) got to compete. William made it to the finals, but lost out so we were really close to a Bud Camp trip...assuming he would have taken me!

- Getting to show my friends where I live and stuff was a highlight, but it made me really miss being in St. John's when they left.

Overall great weekend though, really glad people came out. I was surprised I didn't run into a lot of people I know, but some of that might be for the better!

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment