Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cheap Buttered Muffin

To Jugigatame - There was nothing cliche about it. Went to a pond and fed ducks with microwaved hamburger buns. As well Creed was a staple of the late 90's, early 00's. I dare you to honestly tell me there wasn't a time you enjoyed the song "Higher".
===================================================================
As anyone who drives by a Tim Horton's en route to work in the morning knows, the lineups are insane. Well at least the drive-thru lineup is. Cars packed bumper to bumper, even lined up on the street disrupting traffic all in the name of getting a coffee. Well in Grand Falls-Windsor, McDonald's is pretty much next door to the Tim Horton's, and while all those cars are idling and killing the environment at Tim's, the McDonald's lot is close to empty. So wanting a hot beverage in the morning, I decided to give it a whirl and head over there to get a tea. To my pleasant surprise, the tea is way better than Tim Horton's and its only $1.19 for any size. I usually get large which costs $1.63 at Tim's. If I average 3 per week at a savings of $0.44 each time I get one, that saves me $68.64 per year! That's pretty sweet. Extra groceries, a UFC pay-per view, etc. In addition to this, I decided to get a muffin there today. A Muffin at Tim's would be $1.12 in addition to my tea cost, whereas at McDonald's I was able to get tea and a muffin for a grand total of $1.59 - and the muffin was also delicious and came with free becel butter and plastic knife for buttering!

To summarize, good job on your pricing McDonald's. Also Tim Horton's is helping to contribute to global warming with their slow service/long lines of idling cars. Shame on you Tim Horton's, shame!

Download:
Hero of War - Rise Against

1 comment: