Thursday, September 9, 2010

Long Time No Write

It's been brought to my attention that I haven't blogged in a week. I must have been busy or something, but I'm glad that people missed my commentary.

So as you might be aware, I've been dating a girl and its going well (as far as I know), but that got me thinking of a bunch of different stuff that I am totally unsure about because its been a while since I have been in this situation. I wondered about some of the following things, in no particular order:

- Do people go steady anymore? Or rather, do you ever ask someone to go steady? At my (old) age is that required or is it just assumed at a certain point, and if so, at what point.

- When do you meet each others friends? It's kind of a big deal to open that door because if your girlfriend doesn't like your friends or vice versa it can be a pretty bad time for all parties involved.

- When do you meet each others parents?

- When do you give her a key to your apartment?

- How much money are you supposed to spend on Christmas gifts, etc?

Maybe I'm getting way ahead of myself here which I tend to do but all these things are foreign to me at this point so I don't really know the rules/guidelines...not that I ever did to begin with!

Onto other things though.

Egg Rolls are definitely my least favorite thing about Chinese food. No wonder nobody liked me when I brought cold egg rolls as my contribution to a potluck one year!

When you go out to eat and you order a sandwich (ex. a half club), and you ask for no mayo you get hard looks. You get even harder looks when you ask for Mild wing sauce as the substitute to the mayo. Now I know how Mark D feels asking for wing sauce with everything, or Greg and his Hollindaise. Some people just don't like mayo, I don't really know why people are so shocked by this!

Something that enrages me though is that Paddy Daley is the host of VOCM's Nightline. The guy is such a turd. It's hard to not listen to him because he is that big of a turd. Always talking like a "true newfie" with his colloquialisms and the like. I can't picture him having any valid opinion on any subject, including sexting which he was talking about while I was waiting for my Chinese.

From radio to TV - I also hate NTV because they claim that the shows they broadcast are their own! On the radio they were all like "Jimmy Smits gives an interview to the Herald about his new NTV show..." I was like really? a) You're stealing the interview from someone and b) It's not an NTV show...you're stealing it from another network and probably not even paying for it! I understand stealing American TV because they do it a lot better than we do up North, but stop stealing all the credit...and put in some GD American commercials because they are way better than the commercials shown on NTV, especially during the Superbowl. Just sayin' NTV, you're not fooling anyone by claiming that "House" is an NTV show!

Started my Master's Course yesterday, seems challenging, better get crack a lackin.

Also football season starts tonight. Awesome.

Download:
Breaking - Anberlin

EDIT:
I also hate women who call their boyfriends "my man". Seriously, fuck off.

No comments:

Post a Comment