Monday, June 6, 2011

Modern Paving

I was in bed this morning in the wee hours, enjoying a good dream, when suddenly someone starts ringing our doorbell frantically and knocking on it as well. I have no idea what time it is at this point, but the way they were doing it made it seem like the friggin' Nazi Zombie Apocalypse was happening. I looked at my phone and it was 7 am. By this time William had gone downstairs to answer the door and it was Modern Paving saying we needed to move our cars because they were going to start the curb soon. Not only did we have to unexpectedly get out of bed to move them, we had to move them off the cul de sac entirely!

A nice letter saying they were going to be back on Monday to finish the job would have been nice. They were able to leave a notice that the power was going to be off last Monday when they started the job. The time gap in itself is frustrating. They dug up the entire cul de sac last Monday and left the equipment there. When I woke up on Tuesday and it was a bright sunny day I assumed they were going to finish the job, but nope they came and picked up the equipment and left the road in shambles for an entire week.

The whole experience has me hating on Modern Paving right now. It would have made such a smaller impact to just dig it one day, fill it the next, but nope they had to drag it out and then abruptly wake up the entire neighbourhood today - so I'm pretty sure everyone is cursing on them today, it's just that I'm doing it publically!

No comments:

Post a Comment