Friday, June 3, 2011

Why the Canada Post Strike Doesn't Impact Me

Some people are definitely going to be impacted by the Canada Post strike that is currently happening. Some people still rely on them to deliver cheques, bills, and other important pieces of mail. Me on the other hand? I've embraced and submersed myself into the digital age and basically I have very little need for Canada Post. All my bank statements are online, all my utility bills are online and I receive my paychecks through direct deposit. Basically all Canada Post delivers to me is junk mail from credit card companies and flyers from stores that I never look through because they are also available online!

Canada Post needs to be careful though. If this strike goes on too long, they have the potential to lose a lot of business. All those people who are currently depending on them are going to NEED to find other options. They're going to start signing up to receive their bills online and start requesting direct deposits, because they will have no other way of getting their essential information. And if they want to send a parcel or package, well they're going to start using the other courier companies such as Fed-Ex or UPS.

Because of this blog, I'm expecting that Canada Post is going to abduct me ala Kramer on Seinfeld when he refused to accept his mail and Wilford Brimley threatened him. So if you don't hear from me after this, you know where I am - at the bottom of Lake Ontario in a mail bag - or have been brainwashed and am now working for Canada Post (without the cushy pension though).

In summary while I am in no way impacted by the Canada Post strike it would certainly be in their best interest to end it quickly, before people start realizing they have no need for it either!

No comments:

Post a Comment