Thursday, June 2, 2011

Rap When It Makes No Sense

I once again apologize for the lack of blogging, but I am hoping to pick it up again relatively soon, perhaps after I get back from Toronto.

I was watching MuchMoreMusic the other night because it seems to be the only music station left that actually spends any time showcasing music videos, and Katy Perry's E.T. came on. I had heard this song on the radio many times, and it was kind of catchy and I'm ridiculously hot for Katy Perry so I kept it on. While I should have been focusing on how she even looks attractive as an alien, I was frustrated by other things in the video...namely Kayne West's part.

In the radio version there is no Kayne, and I personally have nothing against Kayne (except that he's a gay fish), but what I do have issue with is when random rap parts get thrown into songs for no reason. I have attached the link below for you to watch and judge for yourself, but it's not the right fit at all. He is just randomly floating through space and his part really doesn't gel well with the rest of the song. It's like it was never planned but they just said at the last minute "hey maybe we should get some Kayne in this video to make it more culturally diverse".

It annoys me to no end when I see things like this. It really ruined the whole Katy Perry video experience for me...which is extremely difficult to do. For anyone who reads this and shares my opinion I ask that you leave some more examples of songs where this has happened if you can think of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment