Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Argument Against Kids

I have expressed my displeasure with the idea of having children of my own for a while now but I figure since I have a forum to do so, I should document it and see if my views actually change over the course of the next couple of years.

I can see why some people would want to have kids. There is the whole genetic predisposition to do it and save the species, plus people with really boring lives and big houses need some way to occupy their time, so having a kid seems like the way to go. Not for me though as I do not have a big house and my life is only moderately boring.

At this point in my life, I just see kids as a total burden. I enjoy being able to spend my money freely, not having to save it up, spend it on someone else, and more importantly I enjoy my free time. Being able to sit back, watch whatever you want on TV, go where ever you want on vacation and go out with friends on weekends is very important to me, and honestly I cannot see that changing anytime in the future. Having at least the option to do these things is crucial to me living a high quality of life. If I ever have kids I might as well throw my dream of seeing every Major League Baseball team live in their home city down the drain because it isn't going to happen. I have to be financially responsible, and the kid is gonna wanna go somewhere fun like Disney (already been there, twice), and might end up being a total dork and not even like sports so he or she will be all whiny when I'm trying to watch the games!

The only way I can see me changing my views on this is if all my other friends start having kids and as a result are not around to do fun things with me. Then I might have to reconsider, or get new friends. But that might not be so bad cause some of them are dicks anyway (coughGregcough). Right now I just see children as a complete life ruiner, even after they turn 18, if you're lucky enough to have money left, you have to spend it on their college education, then their wedding, their first car, etc. It just never ends.

In summary - having children would suck. This would be a funny thing for my kids to read though if I ever have them in the future. If that happens, hopefully they aren't total weiners and they can find the humour in it.

Download:
I Like It - Enrique Iglesias ft. Pitbull

No comments:

Post a Comment