Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fees for the Sake of Fees

So it was decided that on the 23rd that we are going to go see Super Dogs at Mile One Stadium (only later to find out that Greg said it sucked and there isn't really anything super about these dogs), so I go ahead and purchase the tickets online. The first ridiculous fee was that there was $7.50 surcharge on each ticket, and the tickets only cost $16.50 each! Quite absorbent if you ask me. But the charge that really got me angered was when I found out it is going to cost me $4.00 to pick up the tickets at the box office...the same price it would cost to have them mailed!

$4.00 to have them mailed locally is bad enough considering the cost of sending an envelope that size is $0.65, but $4.00 to go to the stadium and pick them up? What is the purpose behind this fee other than trying to grab extra money from people? It's not like they have to call in an employee to specifically be there when I want to pick up my tickets, because I have to go down during the normal operating hours, so it is of no extra cost or burden on them for me to pick up the tickets at that location.

I know it is a very small cost, but to have to incur in repeatedly and for many others to do the same just does not make sense to me. So St. John's Sports and Entertainment, please revisit your policies so that people like me aren't pissed off at you.

Download:
Hook - Blues Traveler

No comments:

Post a Comment