Monday, October 25, 2010

Work-Life Balance

I really want to avoid making this blog personal or diary-like, but this time I feel the need to get something off my chest that is personal.

I figured that someday there might be a time where I'd have to choose between work life and personal life and which one is more important but I didn't think it would come so soon. Basically living out in Grand Falls-Windsor has drained me emotionally, and somewhat physically (from all the travel). I'm finding a very hard time creating a balance between what I do for work and what I want to do in life on a personal level.

I want to live and spend most of my time in St. John's because it's where all my friends and family are as well its where there are a lot of things to do, and while I do get to go into St. John's on a semi-regular basis, having to take the time to do so and spend my own money to do so most times is very exhausting.

Another thing about my job that I liked at first but has now worn thin is getting to travel across the island. Once you've seen it, you've seen it and now it's just become an inconvenience and makes working on certain things in my personal life very difficult.

So right now I'm torn with what to do. I work for a great company and do not want to leave, however there doesn't seem to be any opportunity for a move into St. John's at the moment or anytime in the future, so if I am gonna do what I really want to do on the personal level then leaving is the only option at the moment.

It's a hard decision to make and I have no idea what to do.

But on another note, I started back at the gym tonight. I have decided to do exercise classes because that way I can't cheat myself and I have more motivation to go if someone is monitoring me. However I was the only dude there as expected and it really sucked when at the end of the class the instructor said "good workout ladies", but I'm gonna try to go back because it was a great workout. I figure that's why guys don't go to these classes, because they are too hard and it sucks when the women can do the workout twice as good as you! Yoga tomorrow night. I'm the most inflexible person I know so this should be painful!

Download:
Alone - Bee Gees

No comments:

Post a Comment