Friday, October 22, 2010

Controversial Ads

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqqk87W4tic

My immediate reaction after watching that ad was that it will never be allowed on TV for any length of time. You may get a little bit of time out of it, but it will eventually be pulled. It is ridiculously sexually suggestive, and that makes it good in my eyes, but it probably is not deemed appropriate for TV. However Axe is smart by doing this. You pay to get a controversial ad put on TV once and then you get free advertising after in the form of Youtube.

Someone told me about the ad, I looked it up on Youtube and then linked it to more people. So even if this TV ad is pulled or has been pulled from network TV, it still gets a lot of views and reachers a way broader audience than an ad that is actually able to be played on TV would probably get.

So in the advent of social media I expect that we will be seeing a lot more of these types of commercials. GoDaddy.com is a prime example. They have commercials that are racy, but not too racy to be cut from TV, but they provide the extended versions of their commercials online. Good job Axe. Way to take advantage in the shift of culture around the world into the social media sector. I assumed that's what your plan was all along...maybe I'm crazy.

In other news, I am down to 178 - lost 4 pounds so watch out Paul.

Download:
It's Only Make Believe - Conway Twitty

No comments:

Post a Comment