Monday, November 15, 2010

Not Meant to Be

To the replies in my previous post:

I thank you for sharing your opinions with me, however as one responder put it, it was an observation. While most of the blog entries I write are frustration fueled rants, I am not always mad about something, so sometimes I will write a "Seinfeld like" entry that is inspired simply by my outlook on something, but will not necessarily be created out of anger or resentment towards that topic.
=============================================================

It is very rarely that I venture to the flea market at the Avalon Mall on Sunday evenings. For me, there isn't much point as I never buy anything and it is always the same old crap there (with the exception of this time of year because the place is packed with people selling Christmas items). I don't understand how people make any sort of profit from this as they provide the same goods week in and week out, and I have never really seen anybody purchase anything there. I guess the mark up is enormous so that if they sell 2-3 things then they have at least broke even, but I digress.

I actually went there last night with the full intent of making a purchase. You see on the few occasions I have gone I have noticed that someone has "Turtles in Time" for Super Nintendo for sale, and this is pretty much my favorite game of all time, however the cost was also near $40 for a game made in 1992, so it was hard to justify purchasing it. However I have been on a recent old school Nintendo kick lately and I decided that I was going to go ahead and dish out the cash to pay for it, only when I get to the table it had finally been sold earlier in the day. What a kick in the junk. I finally decide to go purchase it and it is no longer there. Ouch.



I've come to the conclusion that maybe I am not meant to have this game as I have ordered it on eBay before only to have it not show up in the mail  and now this latest debacle. However I will keep trying as this game can provide me with unlimited hours of entertainment as no matter how many times I play it, I do not seem to get bored with it (yes this is a wide open place for a masturbation joke). No Mercy for N64 has the same effect on me. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed to come across Turtles in Time in the near future before I talk myself out of buying it again.

Download:
Not Meant to Be - Theory of a Deadman

EDIT: Alley just purchased me the game on eBay so I should have it relatively soon. Hopefully it actually arrives this time.

1 comment: