Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Welcome to the list Dell

I just experienced the worst customer service ever from Dell.

Basically my new laptop has a mind of its own. It starts sometimes when it randomly wants to and most times it will not start at all, so I call them before my 30 return warranty expires, but attempt technical support first. I go online and type in my service tag, which for some reason directs me to the United States support. The online guy chats for about 3 minutes then says he can't help cause I'm in Canada and gives me a number to call. I call the number and its an American technical line, so I talk to a dude for 3 or 4 minutes, then he realizes he can't help me either and transfers me. Where does he transfer me? To another American line where I talk to a chick for 3 or 4 minutes before she realizes she can't help me either. Finally she transfers me to Canada, where I find out they put me in the wrong department so this guy needed to transfer me to another technical support person. Although before he did he mentioned my best option would be returning the thing and getting a new one. So in mid transfer I hang up on that and call Canadian Customer Service myself.

So I get the representative on the phone, and I tell her all the info she needs, but for some reason my service tag number is not registered in their system yet even though I ordered the computer 16 days ago. So basically I have to wait 24-48 hrs and call back AGAIN, and then start the process of getting it returned. I have 14 days left to get it returned and I'm kind of afraid I'm gonna get screwed here.

Either way, this was brutal customer service Dell. Worst I have had in a while. This almost makes me want to by a friggin' Mac, and I HATE macs!

Download:
This is Your Life - Switchfoot

No comments:

Post a Comment