Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to Solitary

-Got back in "the dub" yesterday. Felt like an eternity of a drive because I really didn't want to come back, plus my joints and muscles were all stiff as holy balls from playing over 3 hours of basketball (bump specifically) on Saturday. St. John's was fun, really makes me want to move back, and I think work wise it makes more sense as there is way more for me to do in there, but I guess they do not see it that way at this point.

-On a whim me and Kara went to Backstreet Boys on Saturday night. It lived up to expectation. They played most of their old songs and some new ones, which weren't quite as catchy. They had a really cool entrace where a video of them walking down an alley was playing and they start running towards the camera at the end of it, only to fly out through the screen. Best stage entrance I've ever seen. They did something similar at the end as well, leaving through the screen again.

I wondered who would get Kevin's few lyrics when they came up in the songs...they promoted Howie to new Kevin. I also wondered what went through their minds when they played such a small stadium considering the large venues they used to sell out no problem. Must be kind of depressing, but I guess money, drugs, booze and strippers makes you forget about it pretty quick. I know it works for me when I get down!

-I was out for a drive Friday night in the downtown area, only to see a drunk guy on the side of the road who had obviously just pissed his pants. He seemed none the wiser nor had any shame. Just walking up the road with a huge piss stain on his jeans. It really grossed me out, I hope I don't ever do that when I'm drunk. But I mean how do you do that? If you have to go that bad and you're that drunk you figure you'd just whip it out on the side of the road and go. I think I'd rather an indecent exposure charge then walking around in my own urine until I got home! Maybe he was cold though, who knows?

-My interest is peaked with what happened to this 20 year old chick who was missing. Since she sent a text message to her cousin on Thursday that was "casual" according to the news sounds like she was out on one hell of a binge! But I doubt that's the actual story behind it. I assume she was drugged or something. I dunno it's all really weird, will be interesting to see.
*UPDATE: My initial theory on binge may have been correct. Oh you college kids, what won't you do.

-More road raging. There are a few (many)things that irritate me while driving, But one I hate the most is inconsistent speeds. Drivers are going around 90 km/hr in front of you until you hit a passing lane, when suddenly they decide to do 120 km/hr, only to slow back down after the passing lane is over. I assume every male who does this has a small penis and is trying to compensate for this. Douchebags. It also messes with my ability to use cruise control, we need a divided highway across the province.

-In a huge waste of our tax dollars, the RCMP is now detecting speeders in the air from a helicopter across the Atlantic Provinces. They have yellow markers on the highway and they calculate how fast you're going by the time it takes for you to get from one marker to the next. I assume they radio it in to cops who are on the ground, but this really seems like a giant waste of money and resources. Couldn't these cops be doing something else? You know like stopping armed robberies or finding missing people? What a total waste of money just to catch an extra few people who are speeding. A better investment would be radar guns/cameras and having it done automatically rather than putting a helicopter manned with two officers in the air doing random flyovers. I'm usually all about policing the shit out of things but this is just ridiculous. Boo to you RCMP, boo to you.

Also, car insurance went down to $80 per month from $150...turning 25 isn't all bad I guess!

Download:
Don't Forget Me - Red Hot Chili Peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment