Saturday, August 7, 2010

Weekend in the Dub

Not being able to go to Stephenville this weekend I decided to save some money and stay in Grand Falls-Windsor, and it has been boring like I thought it would be. I certainly have watched an unhealthy amount of Smallville though...just starting Season 6 as I'm writing this (no I haven't watched all 5 Seasons this weekend).

Friday night I didn't do much so when I got up today I decided to try to do something. I ended up going to the theatre here (which reminds me of Carbonear cinema and its horrendously uncomfortable seats), where I watched "Grown Ups". In my opinion, it is not a good movie. Remember how I mentioned that The Bounty Hunter was good because it had a decent plot to fall back on? Well this was the opposite. This movie just went nowhere. It had a few funny moments, but not moments I really related to. Maybe if I was 40 or had kids I would have been able to relate but at this point, just wasn't able to. Oh well, got me out of the house and I got to experience the theatre here so not a total waste of time.

After the movie I went to get ice cream where across the road was a wedding reception. I saw a Mom go out to her van with three teenagers where she handed out cigarettes to them all and started smoking with them...real classy lady she was. Great role model. Some people are just plain idiots. She is one of them.

Got some free NL Power merch for the Fam too that I'm gonna bring out next weekend.

Have to decide if I want to buy UFC tonight, but $50 is kind of steep.

Attempting to give up eating anything that is deep fried until I go to Florida. I will probably crack soon, but if I manage to make it then I am going to end up going ape shit for some grease as soon as I land in Tampa!

Last but certainly not least....it is Lady's birthday today! She turned 2. I hope she enjoyed her presents. Happy Birthday! If only she could read this...guess I'll have to get her a laptop next year.

1 comment:

  1. First, how can you say that The Bounty Hunter was a good movie, outside of Gerard Butler being delightful, it had nothing. It felt like I was in the theatre for 3 hours. So many slow scenes, like that dreadful dinner at the Bed and Breakfast. Aniston is a whiney ho. Get over it, Brad Pitt doesn't love you, neither does John Mayer, and neither did Vince Vaughn.

    Finally, you did watch the UFC that night, and you never paid for it, where is my kudos!

    ReplyDelete