Friday, August 6, 2010

What I've Learned From Jersey Shore

I used to think "creeping" was a term used to mean you're freaking a person out. Like if you're acting weird and someone says, "dude, you're really creeping me out". Then the meaning of the word transformed with the launch of Facebook, and suddenly "creeping" meant you were looking at people's profiles without them knowing, getting information on them, etc. which in a way has the same type of freaking people out ability. However the word has transformed again thanks to Jersey Shore. It now means hitting on women/trying to sleep with them. They keep saying how they're always "creeping" on girls and stuff, and it really "creeps" me out cause it sounds like they're just sort of stalking these chicks, and who knows maybe they are, but it seems to work for them! But alas, I've been fortunate enough to witness the evolution of the word "creep". I wonder where it will be by the time I die?

Another thing I learned from last night's episode is that it requires very little training to work in an ice cream store. The manager showed them how to scoop ice cream onto the cone and then they left. No training on cash or the prices, or the opening and closing operations? What is this, The Simple Life? Also I found it quite amusing that the name of the shop owner was Enzo, thereby leaving me to assume he is Italian. Considering only 0.16% of the Miami population speaks Italian, what a coincidence that they managed to find a shop owner who is also a "Guido". Oh Jersey Shore, I still love you so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment