Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Getting Out More

Based on my experiences tonight, I have learned that if I just get out of the house more I will not have any trouble finding things to write about on here, and here is what popped into my head this evening:

Firstly I went to get gas, cause I need to fill up before heading to St. John's on Thursday and the Irving here offers 3 cents off per litre for no reason other than getting more customers. No other gas company does it around here. But that isn't a complaint. My issue is that I was behind a motorcycle, and that motorcycle passed another one coming the opposite way and it reminded me of something I have always hated which is how motorcyclists feel the need to give an obligatory wave to other motorcyclists when they pass by. Really, why is this necessary? Chances are you don't know this person, you will probably never have a conversation with them in your life, so why the wave? I don't wave to everyone who passes by in a 2 door coupe, or a Chevy Cobalt, etc. Just because you're on a motorcycle does not mean you HAVE to wave at each other. ATV operators do the same thing. If I could change this little convention I definitely would. Or at least all of us who drive 4 wheeled vehicles should start waving to each other as well.

My second issue is the frustration poor customer service causes. I am wearing a plain black t-shirt today and I thought, you know what, this looks pretty good on me, but it is kind of faded, I should go to Wal-Mart and buy another one, however for some reason they don't have any 100% cotton t-shirts, they all have at least 5% polyester or spandex, and it just doesn't feel right. I probably should have made another issue about the lack of cotton in the world, but this was just an aside. Since I could not find a shirt I wanted I decided to buy two pairs of pants for playing softball in, only once I got to the register it took me 20 minutes to get out of there. First the items would not scan so the cashier called someone from men's wear 3 times to get a price check...except of course nobody came. So after that I just said, I'll do it. So I leave the register and grabbed two different pairs. I come back, and one of the pairs won't scan because apparently it hasn't been logged into their system yet. So basically they have things on the shelves that aren't registered. For one this is very inconvenient, and secondly that makes shoplifting very easy. So I have to wait for the woman from men's wear to FINALLY show up and figure it out, and eventually I got out of there with two pairs of pants. I wish I was the type of person who complained to get free stuff because I definitely could have walked out of their with at least a $10 gift card!

Thirdly, is the hours of the Grand Falls-Windsor mall. Still in search of my plain black tee I decide to search the rest of the mall. This is approximately 8:00 pm...yet in the whole mall the only other two stores open besides Wal-Mart are Bargain Giant and A Buck or Two, and go figure, the selection of clothes at Bargain Giant isn't exactly eye catching. I should have known the mall was basically closed considering I went to go there to buy a hat at 5:30 on a Saturday this Winter once, and it was already closed...such terrible hours.

Lastly, I went to Tim Hortons (which is always really slow here) and was reminded of how annoying it is when people in the line up are CONSTANTLY looking behind them. I don't know if they're paranoid they are going to get shanked or what, but the counter is in front of you, stop being nosey and trying to figure out who is behind you. What's even worse is when someone in front of you starts having a conversation with someone who is behind you in the line. They are right in your face, just talking to this other person. It is brutal. I don't usually want to punch people, but if I ever did punch someone it would probably be one of these line talkers.

Anyway those are the things that frustrated me tonight. It's good to get them out. What you need to take out of this is that if I ever go to jail for murder know that the victim drives a motorcycle, works in the customer service industry in the Grand Falls-Windsor mall, does a bad job and loves talking to the people behind them in the line even when there is at least a one person buffer zone between them.

Goodnight folks.

Download:
Collide by Dishwalla

No comments:

Post a Comment