Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Labour Day is Gonna Be "A Time"

Well things turned around for me on the horseshoe front - I think we are going to do the tournament on Labour Day so now I can play. Hopefully people still drink even though there is work the next day. I know a few of us definitely will, but hopefully everyone does to put us back on an even playing field. Although my horseshoe playing has declined. I peaked two years ago when I won the ringer trophy, and now like a homophobe I seem to stay as far away from the pole as possible. Gotta meditate or something to get my mind focused and bring back my game so I can lead my team (whichever team I'm on) to victory this year...although that would mean I have to pay for the name tags again this year, and they are so not cheap.

Because we changed the date of the tournament, I get to participate in the softball playoffs as well. Hopefully I can get off on 9/11 to play the final few round robin games, but its looking very doubtful. Stupid trade shows. F you Springdale! I also have another trade show in Lewisporte the week after. They are so boring to work. Bleh.

I wish I had a scale to make sure I wasn't gaining any weight for this competition. Perhaps I will buy one, but I'm spending money everywhere it seems lately. That break on my insurance is going to waste!

14 days until school starts, 38 days until we land in Tampa though! Here's a preview of what we plan to do:

Sports - 2 baseball games and 1 football game.
Amusement Parks - Disney, Universal, Wet n Wild
Beach - South Beach, possibly jet ski/snorkeling.

That pretty much sums up what we're doing, although we are definitely going to a Zaxby's in Orlando or Tampa so I can get that Birthday Cake Milkshake I see advertised on TV. I think I'm gonna vomit because it's going to be so good! (Definitely going to be disappointed).

Not my place to judge, but the only commentary coming out of the Samantha Goodyear case is that she had some sort of medical condition that nobody knew about which caused her to go missing...I don't buy it! I am fully confident that there is no criminal activity, but the family is trying so hard now to protect their reputation. You know why she was disoriented and dehydrated? It's called a hangover, and it happens after you've been partying for about a week like this chick probably was. Although she is a douche to not let anyone know where she is for a week, probably had to hear at some point that there was a missing persons case for her. Once again a waste of time/effort from the police to have to search for this girl who probably was at a cabin somewhere. So no, I do not believe there was some medical condition involved here, I think its all a sham to protect the girl from ridicule. And that's my last commentary on this.

Download:
Broken Hearted - Eighteen Visions

No comments:

Post a Comment