Sunday, August 1, 2010

Glory Days

Came to St. John's for the weekend, and like usual tried to make the best of my time in here, and I would consider it a job well done.

Thursday night was George Street Fest for me and Our Lady Peace was playing. Started out with a BBQ at Kim's which was good, then we headed down and got there just in time for OLP. Despite being late we all managed to get into the second row of people for the show. I've never been that close for a concert before I don't think. The only issue I had with it was it was hard to hear Raine's voice, the instruments were over powering it because of our proximity to the speakers. However, great show as always. This marks the 4th time I have seen OLP live and I have never been disappointed, and for only 30 bucks you can't go wrong.

So I figured we'd be going home shortly after OLP, but Erin wanted to stay downtown for a while...I didn't realize a while would be until after 3 a.m. I didn't drink much, but not getting to bed until 4 am (not an OLP reference), was kind of brutal since I had to get up at 8 and had a meeting at 9. But I had fun downtown, made a new friend and well saw pretty much my entire history of ex-girlfriends on the street.

Speaking of which, Friday after I went to Boston Pizza with Erin (had the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich), I went to Yuk Yuks with Kara, Burns, Mark and William and it was a great show. Especially the host for the night, he had me doing my seagull laugh all night. It was fantastic. Not so fantastic however is when I see Angie, who is sitting in the chair right behind me, so when we both turned towards the stage, we were basically sitting next to each other. Hella awkward but I did not let it ruin my good time, which I am proud to say.

Saturday, played some softball, had the pizza party where we shared a lot of old stories about our "Glory days". It's crazy to realize all the things we used to do and how much we used to drink. Makes me miss those days a bit. It's easy to forget you're almost 25 sometimes!

Also saw Dinner for Schmucks today. It was funnier than I was expecting. I have high expectations for Paul Rudd but low for Steve Carell, but it worked out well. One of two sentimental moments, but other than that a decent comedy. I would recommend seeing it, and well obviously my taste in movies is great. Anyone who has seen my collection of DVD's might disagree with that though.

Anyway that was a summary of my weekend. Back to GFW tomorrow. I'll miss hanging out with my peeps, even my often annoying best friend, but I will be back in two weekends so hopefully that weekend will be just as good.

Gone to watch the rest of this UFC card, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment