Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lesson Learned

Well I quickly learned my lesson about the importance of buying movie tickets online on cheap movie night. On Tuesdays Empire offers movies or $5.99, a big time reduction from their usual price of $11.50, and apparently people really respond to it. The plan was for me and Erin to go see The Other Guys at 9:30, but when we got there, say around 9ish it was sold out. Not only was that movie sold out but so was:

Inception
Eat, Pray, Love
Dinner for Schmucks
The Expendables
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Since I had already seen Despicable Me and Grown Ups that left my options to Salt and Step Up 3D (because Cat's and Dog's 3D had already started).

I do want to see Salt, but I'm going to see that in Grand Falls next weekend, and well I would never be able to drag myself into the theatre to watch Step Up, especially in 3D. I am not the manliest of men, but even I have a line and going to see that movie would be on the other side of the line.

Since we couldn't see the movie and we had run into Kim and Paul there, we ended up having a lot of time to talk about random crap which led to a bet between me and Paul. I stole the idea from Mark and Kara the other night at Swiss Chalet, but basically we're going to have a 3-month weight loss competition. Details are still yet to be worked out. The original plan was whoever lost the biggest percentage of weight would win, but Paul wants to do the biggest percentage of body fat lost...which I don't mind doing, except I don't know how we're supposed to measure that. And since it's only a $20 bet I don't want to pay the money to get it done at the gym. Anyway should be interesting...I predict I will lose.

Me and Kara also volunteered labelling boxes for the Sparkles of Hope bracelets yesterday evening. Always a good time doing things for a good cause.

Download:
Monkey Brains - Our Lady Peace

1 comment:

  1. I was going to get angry when I thought this was leading to you going to see Step Up 3D, I commend you for manning up and not seeing the movie.

    The only way to do the bet is percentage of weight. It's the easiest. And since it's a percentage, puts you both on an equal ground.

    ReplyDelete