Sunday, August 15, 2010

Been A While

It's been a while since I've had the chance to write on this. I don't have anything important to talk about so just give a recap on whats been going on lately I guess.

Came out to St. John's on Thursday, and around Clarenville an ambulance came behind me so I pulled over for it and ended up behind it. Turns out I'm one of a select few people who actually pullover for an emergency vehicle. It was crazy. Its a two-lane highway and cars on neither side of the road would pull over so the ambulance could get around them. Sure hope someone didn't die because some people were being stupid drivers.

I won $2.00 on Lotto Max...gonna put that on Pro-line and try to get some money, not going to happen. Picking sports winners is so f'n hard.

Friday was Erin's birthday, and her party was that night at West Side Charlies. I was not planning on getting drunk, but the beer was going down really smooth and before I knew it I wasn't in a state to drive anyway so I decided to just keep going with it. I had a good time, despite Erin being TANKED! Tanked to the point of finding it hilarious to poor every drink she could get her hands on over me...however I guess she did have some sort of conscience when she grabbed one and poured it all over her new dress so it kind of evened out. I like that I have a variety of personalities in my friends. It makes hanging out with all of them different which is nice.

Kim got my car for me and brought it to her house, so I decided to crash there in the spare room that night. Apparently Paul had no idea I was coming over until I showed up and said "I'm here for the threesome". I had watched Paranormal activity earlier in the night and the idea of sleeping in a strange place was kind of unsettling, but I got through the night...alive...and there wasn't actually a threesome.

Saturday was Norman's Cove/Long Cove days. Sometimes I think Burns' over hypes it because he is proud of where he came from but this time it definitely lived up to expectation. I paid for it severely this morning when I was hungover as balls, but it was a great night, ran into some people I haven't seen in a while, and when you're drunk that makes it way less awkward!

Today I went to the cinema and saw The Expendables. Great fucking movie! It was exactly what I expected. A lot of pointless action and explosions and over the top violence. I highly recommend it to anyone, and Eric Roberts was fantastic.

Sorry for the lame entry to the people who read this, but I'm still not fully recovered from last night, I'm sure I'll have something to hate on sometime soon!

Download:
Dreamland - Our Lady Peace

1 comment:

  1. I, myself do pull over for emergency vehicles. But to support your nagging, here is a relevent story from CBC

    http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2010/08/17/nl-emergency-trucks-817.html

    ReplyDelete